Kidney Stone Surgery - Know about Anti Gout Diet TipsMost fruits and vegetables are high in potassium. Potassium regulates electrolytes in the body and has the ability to get rid of uric acid crystals from the blood. Potassium-rich fruits are bananas, avocados, apricots and cantaloupe. High-potassium vegetables include spinach, potatoes, asparagus, beets and pumpkin.
Drink Several Glasses of Water Everyday8-10 glasses daily is ideal. Water dilutes uric acid (a cause of gout) and rids them from the body. Cloudy urine means you have high acid content in your body and this is not a healthy sign. Clear urine suggests that you are properly hydrated and well on your way to good health.
Include Lemon Juice At Lunch for CleansingLemon juice is filled with vitamin C and antioxidants to help flush your body from unwanted uric acids. Couple the drink with a hearty salad and meal using tofu to replace red meat or chicken, finely chopped fresh garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
- Low-purine diet and medications are commonly used to treat gout.
- Purines are mostly found in foods which are high in protein and fat content.
- For breakfast, take low-fat protein foods.
- High-protein foods that are low in fat have been found to be safe.
Excessive alcohol consumption increases uric acid levels in the blood since alcohol disrupts the disposal of uric acid from the body. Diuretics, which are medications prescribed to help dispose of excess body fluids resulting from certain diseases like hypertension, edema, and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Consume a moderate amount of protein.
- Limit meat, fish and poultry to 4 - 6 oz per day.
- Try other low-purine good protein foods such as low fat dairy products, tofu and eggs.
Juice One Small or Half a Medium-Sized Beet Root, Greens and AllAdd a quarter bitter gourd, cut length-wise. This juice is very potent and should not be taken too frequently, especially if you are not accustomed to beet. Take it only once, or twice a week at the most.
Cherries and strawberries have shown to have a particular helpful effect on gout so these foods should be eaten every day on the anti-goutezolo for the prevention of gout.
Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger's videos at: * DESCRIPTION: If the uric acid crystals that trigger gout come from the breakdown of ...
- Reduce calorie intake to maintain a healthy weight.
- However, avoid fad diets or very low calorie diets as rapid weight loss can precipitate gout.