Allopurinol Patient Testimonies - Arthritis Drugs - is the Cure Worse Than the Disease?Copyright 2005 Wendy Owen Research is always ongoing into new and better medications for arthritis that is a very good thing. But where is all this leading us?
OTC Medications Include Aspirin and IbuprofenThese types of medicines can cause intestinal bleeding and kidney damage in large doses. Aspirin also damages vitamin C in the body leading to lower immunity. Don't be surprised if you find anything unusual here about Gout. There has been some interesting and unusual things here worth reading.
Also available mainly to Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers are Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS) These work by stopping the immune system from attacking the joints. DMARDS may take up to three months to reduce symptoms but they do help to stop joint damage even though they can't repair any prior damage. Having a penchant for Gout led us to write all that there has been written on Gout here. Uric acid blood levels a penchant for Gout!
- That may be all well and good, but actually OTC medications can be dangerous if taken over a long period of time.
- The idea of more is better" can also happen when the pain gradually becomes worse.
- This can lead to serious side effects.
- There has been an uncalculatable amount of information added in this composition on Gout.
- Don't try counting it!
Clinical Trials in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Using DMARD Therapy
For Advanced Arthritis-For those suffering extreme pain and swelling the medical profession brings out the heavy artillery - Corticosteroids. These types of drugs proper gout diet prevents and eases gout symptoms and can be injected directly into the affected joints or taken orally.
Natural treatments for arthritis do exist and can significantly stop some cases of arthritis, relieve pain and inflammation and in some cases, reverse joint damage.
- Of course we need effective pain medication for arthritis to enable sufferers to live normal lives.
- But are all these expensive medications controlling the disease or simply masking the symptoms?